Thank you for joining me today on my blog as I feature To Win Her Hand by Jen Geigle Johnson, on tour with Austen Prose Tours!
- Title: To Win Her Hand
- Series: A Gentleman’s Match (Book 1)
- Author: Jen Geigle Johnson
- Genre: Historical Romance, Regency Romance, Inspirational Fiction
- Publisher: King’s Row Press
- Publication date: December 15, 2022
- Length: 272 pages
- Format: Hardcover, Trade Paperback, & eBook
- ISBN: 978-1737592174
- Tour Dates: February 27 – March 13, 2023
About the Book
An expert at winning a woman’s hand. A woman who cannot be won.
Lord Featherstone has the world on his shoulders. Or at least his world. With two brothers and a failing estate he must make funds somehow. But what happens when he falls for a woman? Will his tactics work when the situation is so close and personal?
Everyone thinks Lady Loveluck is a wealthy widow. What they don’t know is that she is on the brink of hiring herself out as a Governess in order to pay for her next meal. The only thing keeping her from employment is a growing reputation as a matchmaker. As long as she never falls for another man, as long as she doesn’t allow herself to be fooled into marrying, she will be just fine.
But she never counted on being caught up in the beguiling tactics of London’s renowned and not so secret matchmaker for men.
About the Author
Jen Geigle Johnson is an award-winning author, including the GOLD in Foreword INDIES Book of the Year Awards and LDSPMA Praiseworthy’s top award for Romance,
Jen has more stories circulating in her brain than can possibly be told. She discovered her passion for England while kayaking on the Thames near London as a young teenager. History is her main jam. Her literary heroes include the greats: Jane Austen and Charles Dickens. But she has modern sensibilities as well.
Six children and an inspiring husband keep her going and make certain she doesn’t stay glued to a keyboard or lost in obscure fascinating details of old castles.
Now, she loves to share bits of history that might otherwise be forgotten. Whether in Regency England, the French Revolution, or Colonial America, her romance novels are much like life is supposed to be: full of adventure.
WEBSITE | TWITTER | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | GOODREADS
AMAZON | BARNES & NOBLE | BOOK DEPOSITORY | BOOKSHOP | GOODREADS
- “I loved the character growth, watching them learn more about the other’s heart and hardships, and the realization that perhaps they had more choices than they first thought. Such a sweet regency. I’m so grateful I had the chance to read this one.”— Makayla Branson, Reading Past Bedtime
- “The house party, the quiet moments, the collection of other characters, and much more all combined together made this is delightful read.”— Julie Carpenter, Goodreads
- “Two matchmakers with a wager. What fun for all! [A] heart touching story.”— Shauna Jones, Goodreads
Witty banter and heart throbbing romance abound in this Regency novel! I really enjoyed the two main matchmaking characters and found their lively interactions to be entertaining. They are both facing financial situations that give their characters some realistic struggles, and they had sweet vulnerable moments woven among the humor to give the book some depth. Lord Featherstone’s sincere pursuit of Lady Loveluck is truly endearing. I found a few plot points a bit confusing and the story jumped around too much, especially with the secondary characters, but I did enjoy the novel overall. I think perhaps this first book was setting us up for future novels. I love Regency novels and this book has all the history, balls, gowns, and manors of that time period well described and incorporated. I wish the ending hadn’t been quite so rushed, but I’m hoping we read more of these two in the next book. For those who love Regency novels, give this one a try!
I received a complimentary copy of this book from the author. Opinions expressed in this review are entirely my own.