Thank you for joining me today on my blog as I feature Beneath His Silence, on tour with Austen Prose Tours!
About the Book
- Title: Beneath His Silence
- Author: Hannah Linder
- Genre: Historical Suspense, Regency Romance, Inspirational Fiction
- Publisher: Barbour Publishing (November 1, 2022)
- Length: 320 pages
- Format: Trade paperback, eBook, & audiobook
- ISBN: 978-1636094366
Will Seeking Justice Lead to Her Own Demise?
A Gothic-Style Regency Romance from a Promising Young Author
Second daughter of a baron—and a little on the mischievous side—Ella Pemberton is no governess. But the pretense is a necessity if she ever wishes to get inside of Wyckhorn Manor and attain the truth. Exposing the man who killed her sister is all that matters.
Lord Sedgewick knows there’s blood on his hands. Lies have been conceived, then more lies, but the price of truth would be too great. All he has left now is his son—and his hatred. Yet as the charming governess invades his home, his safe cocoon of bitterness begins to tear away.
Could Ella, despite the lingering questions of his guilt, fall in love with such a man? Or is she falling prey to him—just as her dead sister?
About the Author
Hannah Linder resides in the beautiful mountains of central West Virginia. Represented by Books & Such, she writes Regency romantic suspense novels. She is a double 2021 Selah Award winner, a 2022 Selah Award finalist, and a member of American Christian Fiction Writers (ACFW). Hannah is a Graphic Design Associates Degree graduate who specializes in professional book cover design. She designs for both traditional publishing houses and individual authors, including New York Times, USA Today, and international bestsellers. She is also a local photographer and a self-portrait photographer. When Hannah is not writing, she enjoys playing her instruments–piano, guitar, and ukulele–songwriting, painting still life, walking in the rain, and sitting on the front porch of her 1800s farmhouse.
WEBSITE | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | BOOKBUB | GOODREADS
AMAZON | BARNES & NOBLE | BOOK DEPOSITORY | BOOKSHOP | GOODREADS
As someone who greatly enjoys Regency fiction, I was excited to try this new to me author. I really liked the suspense and mystery in the novel as it easily held my attention. The story flows very well and I had trouble putting it down! The book twists unexpectedly a few times and keeps the mystery alive in the story. The chapters are relatively short and I don’t think I would have minded a bit more descriptions here and there. I really liked Ella as she is tenacious and courageous, but also cares deeply for those she loves. I was invested in her from the very first page. Lord Sedgewick is the perfect brooding hero, too. The spiritual theme of forgiveness is well woven into the novel. I really enjoyed this novel and I highly recommend it to those who love Regency fiction! I am excited to read more by this author!
I received a complimentary copy of this book from Barbour Publishing, courtesy of Austen Prose Tours with Laurel Ann Nattress. Opinions expressed in this review are entirely my own.
- “Fast-paced danger and suspense from an exciting newcomer to Regency fiction.”— Julie Klassen, award-winning author of A Castaway in Cornwall
- “A strong story of loss and forgiveness, resentment surrendered to faith, and the mercy of God. Readers will enjoy this turbulent mystery with a smile-worthy ending.”— Kristen Heitzmann, Christy Award-winning author of Secrets and The Breath of Dawn
- “This book has everything I love…a dark and broody hero, a spunky heroine on a mission, and a deeply delicious creepy manor home. Beneath His Silence is a rather gothic tale set in Regency England, filled with plenty of intrigue, danger, and romance to make for a very satisfying read.”— Michelle Griep, Christy Award-winning author of Lost in Darkness